The course opens with an introduction to the 4th cellular generation technologies – what drives their development and the new capabilities they bring.
Taking a functional-oriented approach, we’ll go through the main functionality the new LTE Access and Evolved Packed Core expose.
We will see how the new network architecture, network elements, QoS, and Radio Access Network empower the 4G network’s improved functionality.
As an All-IP network, data handling in EPS is crucial, but we’ll also see what options are there for the service provider to handle voice calls and SMS.
We’ll also discuss the important aspects of mobility and security, and the promise of Self Organized Networks.
This Training is delivered as live on-line training, tacking advantage of the E-Learning Technology:
– Everywhere, every time, from you office/home
– ½ day session: No need to stop your project
– No travel expense & time
Basic knowledge of telecommunications is expected from the participants.
UMTS background is recommended.
- Cellular evolution from 2G to 4G
- 4G and EPS – Motivation, features and deployments
2. EPS Architecture
- Network elements, functionality and interfaces
- User identities
- Interworking with 3GPP and non-3GPP networks
3. QoS in EPS
- The EPS bearer
- QoS parameters
- QoS policies and enforcement
4. LTE Radio
- LTE physical layer – concepts, frames and channels
- LTE Channels, PDCP/RLC/MAC
5. Radio management
- Radio Resource Management (RRM)
- E-UTRAN mobility
6. EPS Mobility Management
7. Data, voice and SMS handling in EPS
- Data transfer
- Voice implementation option
- SMS delivery
8. Security in EPS
9. SON – Self Organizing Network