Attending the Tips & Tricks for Board Design class will enrich your knowledge in several features of current board design. This 1 day seminar will familiarize you with new aspects and problems you may encounter during project development. In addition, by mastering the tools and the design methodologies presented in this course, you will be able to design faster, shorten development time, lower development costs and lower design risk.
Who should attend?Board designers with intermediate knowledge, technical leaders and system engineers.
Fundamentals of Board Design flow.
- Knowledge in board design schematics and layout phases.
- Basic knowledge of Signal Integrity concepts.
- Solid electrical design background
Mentor HyperLynx 8.0, other useful utilities
Skills Gained: After completing this training, you will be able to:
Be acquainted with new methodologies
- Know updated design rules
- Know the Signal Integrity approach
- Understand Terminations
- Understand bypass and decoupling capacitors
- Know the Power Integrity approach
- Design your next project with greater understanding while lowering risk
1. Board Designers– Who are they?
2. Serial termination calculation
- Ibis short introduction
- Ibis viewer is your friend
- Calculation of driver impedance from ibis I/V curve
- Lab– Does size matter?
- Critical length
- Moving bus as striplines
- Guard-band: is it worth the effort?
- Noise immunity in tightly coupled differential lines – is it really the case?
- Lab– The power of simulation
- Sampling point
- Components selection
- C comp parameter
4. Bypass & decoupling capacitors– why, when and where
- Idle decoupling capacitor calculation
- Real life capacitors
- Multiple capacitors network
- PCB plate capacitor contribution
5. Manufacturing process
- PCB editor output files
- Who’s afraid of the Gerber viewer?
- Solder Mask
- Assembly mask
- Paste Mast