Start Date: 04/02/2024
Who should attend?Board designers with intermediate knowledge, technical leaders and system engineers.
Fundamentals of Board Design flow.
Knowledge in board design schematics and layout phases.
Basic knowledge of Signal Integrity concepts.
Solid electrical design background
Mentor HyperLynx 8.0, other useful utilities
Skills Gained: After completing this training, you will be able to:
Be acquainted with new methodologies
Know updated design rules
Know the Signal Integrity approach
Understand bypass and decoupling capacitors
Know the Power Integrity approach
Design your next project with greater understanding while lowering risk
- Board Designers – Who are they?
- Serial termination calculation
- Ibis short introduction
- Ibis viewer is your friend
- Calculation of driver impedance from ibis I/V curve
- Critical length
- Moving bus as striplines
- Guard-band: is it worth the effort?
- Noise immunity in tightly coupled differential lines – is it really the case?
- Sampling point
- Components selection
- C comp parameter
- Bypass & decoupling capacitors – why, when and where
- Idle decoupling capacitor calculation
- Real life capacitors
- Multiple capacitors network
- PCB plate capacitor contribution
- Manufacturing process
- PCB editor output files
- Who’s afraid of the Gerber viewer?
- Solder Mask
- Assembly mask
- Paste Mast